This is the blog where ART, BASKETBALL SHOES and COMIC BOOKS collide! Welcome and enjoy! - The Shoe Shi

Border 01

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

“Before we officially begin…”

Blog 2 01
As I was sitting at home contemplating what I wanted to write about for my first official blog entry, a thought occurred to me that I should provide a bit more detail on what my blog is and isn’t about. Let’s start off with what my blog isn’t about.

My blog will not be a source of the latest basketball shoe releases. In fact, I may find out about a shoe’s release at the same time you (my readers) will. Besides, there are plenty of cool sites one can visit that has up to the minute news on basketball shoe release dates and upcoming new models such as www.sneakernews.com and www.kixandthecity.com. One also shouldn’t expect an in-depth breakdown of the technology in every shoe I write about. I do plan write about it to some extent but I definitely don’t want my blog to read like a product manual. Again, there are plenty of sites that cover that specific topic.

Now that we covered what you shouldn’t expect, here’s what you can expect from reading my blog. You can expect to get an in-depth review of the latest and sometimes not so latest basketball shoes in the market from a basketball shoe wearer’s perspective (on and off the court). I‘m still a fairly active recreational player (I also coach) which provides me with insight on a shoe’s performance from cushioning, lateral stability, ankle support, traction and the ever important “coolness” or style factor because let’s face it, no matter how good (or bad) you are on the court, part of your game (or performance) will always be based on the shoes you wear. I also plan to touch on the affordability and what I like to call the “Bang for your buck” topic since we are not professional athletes, who get their shoes for free, and we all have to reach deep down into our wallets so we can own a pair (or two or three) of these great shoes.

Now that we have all those details squared away, let the shoe blogging begin!

1 comment:

  1. hello ! you got a very nice blog...
    I'm jealose... I would like to invite you to visit mine too,
    I only invited few and selected people to visit and your one of them.
    It's www.pedrokomentaryo-kapehan.blogspot.com..
    more power and keep the good job...

    ps. you can also visit me in FACEBOOK..pedro komentaryo..
    and be a family of sharing.

    ReplyDelete