This is the blog where ART, BASKETBALL SHOES and COMIC BOOKS collide! Welcome and enjoy! - The Shoe Shi

Border 01

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

ARTWORK: Kobe Bryant I

Kobe Art 01 Title
Aside from basketball shoes and the sport itself, I have a great passion for art. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember so you can even say it is my first passion. I would like to one day make this a profession but for now it is still considered a hobby given I make no money off of it...for now.


Below is a series of images of Kobe Bryant that started out as an innocent little doodle one afternoon and its evolution into finished art.

Kobe Art 01 Pencil
After the doodle, I saw potential in the piece and decided to take it a step further. First, I cleaned up the drawing by using a light pencil (2H) then later a darker pencil (HB) was used to bring out the details.


Kobe Art 01 Ink
Then, I used an ink pen to go over the pencilled artwork and erased the rest of the pencil lines to give the drawing a clean look.


Kobe Art 01 Color
Lastly, I went over the drawing with colored markers. Notice how I gave Kobe black shoes with his "Home" uniform? I really liked it when the Bulls did this as soon as the playoffs started and wondered why no one else followed this trend. This is one of the advantages of art, you decide what the picture will look like in the end.


Kobe Collage
This is just me playing with the images on Photoshop.

I hope you enjoyed my little artwork post. Feel free to leave me a comment. I'd really like to know what you think of it.

I'll try to get more artwork posts up in the very near future.

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for kobe shoes 2010 and wishing you all the success.You can not miss this fashionable nike lunarglide+ shoes.Please come to watch it.

    ReplyDelete